Restorative Care: Cavity Treatment
Perhaps the most common reason why kids come to see Dr. Oriola is to repair tooth decay. The dentist will numb the patient to make sure they are comfortable. Most dentists will then use either composite resin or ceramic material to fill the tooth and prevent the cavity from growing bigger. A filling can be applied to baby teeth and permanent teeth which is why it’s one of the most common dental procedures. The process is fast and pain free because Dr. Oriola takes great care of her patients.
Fillings are quick and easy:
- Tooth is cleaned to remove plaque buildup
- A drill is used to follow the path made by bacteria. All bacteria will be drilled out.
- The hole in the tooth is refilled by a hard, tooth-like barrier. The material used in fillings can be selected by yourself or your dentist.
- The barrier keeps more bacteria from re-entering the hole, where brushing can’t affect it.
One of the best ways to know if your child has cavities is to bring them to the dentist for a regular dental exam. Check-ups are critical for identifying cavities and providing quick, efficient treatment when it is needed. Keep your mind at ease with Dr. Oriola and Pediatric Dentistry.
- +1 (909) 891-1131
- 1881 Commercenter East Drive, Suite 134, San Bernardino, CA 92408
- 20 Years